Subject: RE: minutes 21-Dec-2000 tr&p con-call

Doug said ...

>>>... the sequence number would be required to be unique within the
conversation and each simultaneous conversation would (implicitly?) have a
separate sliding window to guarantee in-order delivery to the To party.<<<

I agree.

Doug also asked ...
>>>Side question(s): Should the conversation identifier (ConversationId) be
scoped within the CPA identifier (CPAId)?  Similarly, should the Action be
scoped to the Service which is (in turn) scoped to the To information?<<<

I don't think that the conversation identifier should be scoped within the
CPA identifier, as it is likely that there will be some "standard" ebXML
defined CPAIds that define particular standard profiles or ways of using
ebXML. This means it will not be sufficiently unique. Instead it should
either be a URI or unique within the combination of the From and To Party
Ids.

I also don't think that Service should be scoped within the To. We really
have two alternatives here:
1. Standards Organization defined. I can quite imagine that some standards
organizations will define standard **types** of "Services" and their
assocaited "Actions", e.g. RosettaNet so that you can use the Service "type"
to identify which application at a "To Party" should process a message.
2. To Party defined, in which case a Service identifies a Service
**instance** in which case each Party would need to define its own URI or
similar to identify the Service.

I think we should be able to support both. Thoughts?

BTW, Action in the current version of the spec is defined as "Action SHALL
be unique within the Service in which it is defined." So I think this
definition is OK.