Subject: FW: ASC X12 Meeting

Here's a message from DISA that I find encouraging.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Cheatham [mailto:acheatham@disa.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 2:19 PM
To: @8760.com
Subject: ASC X12 Meeting

Dear E-Business Professional:

On behalf of the members of ASC X12 and the entire Data Interchange Standards Association (DISA) staff, I strongly encourage you to join us for the next

ASC X12 Meeting ** February 4-9, 2001
Seattle, Washington ** Sheraton Seattle Hotel & Towers
.

This important event will mark the continuation of XML-related electronic interchange standard development and implementation planning based on the rich semantics of the  X12 standard.  Now, more than ever, your input is essential as the X12 Committee gears up to develop accredited cross-industry business standards based on the emerging Electronic Business Extensible Markup Language (ebXML) initiative.

To continue to leverage your company’s investment in EDI, to ensure global cross-industry representation and collaboration, we need your participation at this important event.

By incorporating electronic data interchange (EDI) foundation of X12 and UN/EDIFACT  into a cross-industry XML-based message specification, ASC X12 is supporting the requirements of both the Fortune 1000 and small-to-medium-sized enterprises.  Together EDI and XML initiatives are diversifying and expanding our industries into new global markets.

Your participation is key to uniting the robust X12 foundation with the emerging ebXML framework.  As a previous ASC X12 meeting attendee, you know that event participation gives you access to an astonishing array of e-business standards information, and opportunities to develop cross-industry contacts with professionals engaged in similar e-business endeavors.

Once again, the Seattle X12 meeting will focus on standards-development activities, networking opportunities and education. And, this event also provides a unique opportunity for your voice to be heard in the formulation of both the emerging e-business standards and the U.S. position on the United Nations sanctioned EDI standards.

For more specific details on this event, a schedule of activities and hotel information, please visit the ASC X12 Web site at
www.X12.org. We need your help and we will look forward to seeing you in Seattle!

With thanks and warm wishes,

David Barkley                   Kerry C. Stackpole, CAE
ASC X12 Chair           DISA President & CEO

P.S. Book by 1/15 to get X12 discount hotel rates. Call the Sheraton at 206-447-5555.