Subject: RE: Versioning, "version" and namespaces

Rich,

> But what about utf-16 or other more-than-8bit encodings?  But what about
> existing carrying protocols that aren't 8bit clean?  Do we really want
> to rule out SMTP and only be able to use ESMTP, for example?

I'm not suggesting that ebXML exclude SMTP. I'm suggesting that the MHS spec
address
transport specific issues in transport specific sections as opposed to
placing transport
specific information in the main body of the spec. Each transport section
would define how
to "prepare" an ebXML message for transport.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions