Subject: RE: CPA and overrides

maybe the way to solve this is to keep the cpa cause i think it will add a
lot of value in formal, VAN, type transfers.... and say that the cpa values
may be moved to the header with a naming convention of xmlns:(THE CPA
ELEMENT NAME).

that would let the market decide, which is best, and not a lot of tech'ies
attempting to tell the market what it needs.

this issue must be solved by early next week. if it is not i will flip a
coin to see which way it goes in our spec.... since we are out of time
completely...... rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Dick Brooks [mailto:dick@8760.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 7:44 AM
To: rsalz@CaveoSystems.com; ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org;
maw2@daimlerchrysler.com

I agree with Martha and Rich. Forcing a CPA/CPP module onto an MSH solution
is an unnecessary burden on those
needing simple, "direct" file transfer over a single transport, which is the
majority of implementations
in the Energy industry. The EDIINT AS2 specification made provisions for
multiple transport options by adding
a "receipt-delivery-option" header.  This header contains a URI indicating
the transport and delivery point (e.g.
http://b2b.imacompany.com/cgi-bin/ebxmlhandler or
mailto:ebxmlhandler@imacompany.com ) to send an asynchronous receipt
(acknowledgement).

CPA/CPP functionality is a nice feature for some, but it shouldn't be a
requirement for ALL. If alternate delivery channels are needed for
*acknowledgements* then I suggest a solution like that found in AS2.

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/