Subject: Re: More Comments on MS V.941

All,

I think that with the addition of the Via element that
Sequence in the TraceHeader is vestigal, even if there
is no SequenceNumber in the Via element. I concur that it
should be removed from TraceHeader.

SequenceNumber is already in MessageHeader...

Dick Brooks wrote:

<snip/>
> ----
>
> line 685 - I'm confused by the occurrence of SequenceNumber in the
> RoutingHeader. Does the
> SequenceNumber in a RoutingHeader take precedence over
> a SequenceNumber located in the QualityOfServiceInfo? What is the
> relationship of the
> two sequence numbers?
>
> At the risk of assuming too much I suspect the SequenceNumber element in the
> Routing Header is instructing an
> intermediary the order to process messages, relative to the message exchange
> between sender and intermediary.
> The Sequence Number in the Routing Header is not connected to the
> QualityOfServiceInfo/SequenceNumber associated with the original application
> message.
>
> Personally, I would prefer to remove the SequenceNumber element from the
> RoutingHeader in order to eliminate any potential for issues regarding the
> two SequenceNumber elements.
>
> ----
<snip/>
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris