Subject: Issue: We need separate acknowledgment and delivery receipt eleme nts

Section 8.13 Acknowledgment Element. I think we need to fix the
acknowledgement element so that you can have, in one message,both:
·	a  "MSH acknowledgment" resulting from the ackRequested being set to
true, and also
·	a "DeliveryReceipt Acknowledgment" arising from
DeliveryReceiptRequested being set to true.

Currently if we have syncReply set to true (see lines 2444-7), then although
both are requested, only one could be returned.

Having two elements would solve this problem: the current acknowledgement
element and a separate Delivery Receipt element with essentially the same
structure but a different meaning. Changes required are as follows ...
·	Line 1131. Add to the end of the line. "It is included in an ebXML
Message as a result of ackRequested being set to true (see section xx)."
·	Line 1140. Delete line for "type attribute" entry
·	Lines 1163-1171. Delete the section on type attribute.
·	After Line 1180. Add a new section as follows ...

8.14 DeliveryReceipt Element

The DeliveryReceipt element is used by a To Party that is the final
destination of a message to indicate to the From Party, that sent the
message, that the message has been received.
The DeliveryReceipt element has the same structure and content as the
Acknowledgement element (see section xx).
·	We will also need to fix the introduction and schema to reflect the
existence of the new element.

Solution Strategy, Commerce One
4400 Rosewood Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel/VMail: +1 (925) 520 4422; Cell: +1 (925) 216 7704; Pager: +1 (888) 936
9599
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com