Subject: Re: revised XSD and sample ebXML SOAP message envelope

Chris,

I have a few comments on these XSD files.  Most of these are from the
point of view of "what looks right" rather than a deep understanding of
XML Schema (which few understand).

* I'm not sure what the "detail" element is used for.  This is defined
in envelope.xsd but not referenced elsewhere.  Is the name's case
correct?  Is this supposed to be one of the wildcard options for the
Fault contents?

errors, probably because this XML instance document doesn't define
schema locations for the SOAP envelope, XLink, XML Dsig or (maybe)
xml:lang.  I didn't try to work around these errors.  Nor did I see
anything else glaring that might be wrong in this file.

* The elements defined in xlink.xsd and xml_lang.xsd don't seem to be
required.  I've attached updated versions without any attributes.

thanx,
    doug

--- christopher ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I've posted a revised XSD and sample ebXML SOAP message envelope
> to our team's web page. The appropriate URLs for the various
> schema and sample XML is as follows:
>
> 	http://ebxml.org/project_teams/transport/
> 		envelope.xsd - XMLSchema 10/24/2000 compliant SOAP schema
> 		xml_lang.xsd - an XMLSchema 10/24/2000 for xml:lang
> 		xmldsig-core-schema.xsd - a slightly tweaked version
> 			of the XMLSignature schema that eliminates the
> 			local ENTITY for the namespace qualifier
> 		xlink.xsd - an XMLSchema 10/24/2000 schema for XML Linking
> attributes
> 		messageHeaderv0_99.xsd - the ebXML SOAP extension schema XMLSchema
> 10/24/2000
>
> I have also done a little tweaking of the schema to collapse
> redundant
> definitions in our schema.
>
> The example and all of the XSDs parse cleanly in XMLAuthority (with a
> little coaxing), XMLSpy and the XERCES parser from Apache.
>
> It would probably be a good test to have a few other parsers have
> at the schema and sample I provided, as well as other samples
> validated in various tools. It would probably also be good to
> have someone double check my testing using XMLAuthority and XMLSpy.
>
> I would also appreciate it if someone who is well schooled in
> XMLSchema
> could review the schema (messageHeaderv0_99.xsd) (Doug?) and provide
> any comments as appropriate.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
elementFormDefault="qualified"
attributeFormDefault="qualified">
	<xsd:attribute name="type">
	<xsd:simpleType>
		<xsd:restriction base="xsd:NMTOKEN">
			<xsd:enumeration value="simple"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="extended"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="locator"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="arc"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="resource"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="title"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="none"/>
		</xsd:restriction>
	</xsd:simpleType>
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="href" type="xsd:uriReference">
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="role" type="xsd:uriReference">
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="arcrole" type="xsd:uriReference">
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="title" type="xsd:string">
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="label" type="xsd:NMTOKEN">
	</xsd:attribute>
	<xsd:attribute name="show">
		<xsd:simpleType>
			<xsd:restriction base="xsd:NMTOKEN">
				<xsd:enumeration value="new"/>
				<xsd:enumeration value="replace"/>
				<xsd:enumeration value="embed"/>
				<xsd:enumeration value="other"/>
				<xsd:enumeration value="none"/>
			</xsd:restriction>
		</xsd:simpleType>
	</xsd:attribute>
</xsd:schema>
	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
	targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema"
	elementFormDefault="qualified"
	attributeFormDefault="qualified"
	version="1.0">
	<xsd:attribute name="lang" form="qualified" type="xsd:language" use="default" value="en-us"/>
</xsd:schema>