ebxml message

Subject: RE: Should ebXML standards be based on XML?

Kit this is of little use since the team leads are aware of this, since they
are updated on our conference calls.... Best regards, Rik

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ebxml@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-ebxml@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Kit (Christopher)
Lueder
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 7:39 AM
To: ebxml
Cc: ebxml-requirements
Subject: Should ebXML standards be based on XML?

There is an active debate currently going on at the ebXML
Transport/Routing/Packaging list about whether the ebXML standards
should be based on XML. The current direction of that group is to use
MIME for the outer envelope, not XML. They are proceeding with a
specification that will be brought forward for vote, but that seems like
a pretty late time to ask for a change in direction, if you disagree
with their approach. If you have any concerns, this may be an opportune
time to express them.
Kit Lueder.
MITRE.

--
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205