ebxml message

Subject: RE: XML Gave A War, But Nobody Came

Just a small addition to what Lisa said, which I agree with by the way.
Specifically, Lisa said:

>>> Strictly from a structure perspective, a message is probably made up of
three components:  Header, Detail and Summary.<<<

We mustn't forget the envelope.

Before you send someone a letter you put it in an envelope and then post it.
What Transport Routing and Packaging group is doing is to design an
electronic envelope in which to put the "message" (we call it a document
rather than a message so we need to sort out our terminology!). We also
specify how an electronic postal system should work so that you know that
your message will get to its destination securely and safely, and if there's
a problem, you're told about it.

IMHO, I really think what ebXML is doing hangs together.

David