ebxml message

Subject: Re: XML Gave A War, But Nobody Came

Robert,

I think you will see a broad mix of expertise in the ebXML groups.  The closest
to object modeling is core components.  However they seem to be working at a
pretty basic OO level.  I have not seen any discussions of the application of OO
technology to a heirarchical data model and the subsequent limitations that
should be used in modeling.  Most of the modeling I have seen does not seem to
concider implementation constraints.  Polymorphism and multiple inherentence are
not well supported in this (heirarchical) data model and are also difficult to
implement in many of the proposed languages.  Our concern (company not ebXML)
being that version one of these object models will quickly be followed by
version 2 as they are attempted to be implemented.  Fortunately most of the
groups are attempting proof of concept demos though I have not seen much of this
work published yet.

Regards,
John Motley

Robert Dakin <dakin@pcug.org.au> on 06/01/2000 09:48:19 PM