Subject: Re: ebXML adoption?

I'm not sure how to read this, but I believe that what
Duane is saying is that companies wanting to use the
ebXML standards should not have to 'depend' on any
EDI standards. - Not that shouldn't be a mapping/linkage
 between the technologies.
-Duane, don't let me mis interpret you.

I will add to this to say that from working with the Travel
industry folks regularly with emerging Travel XML standards,
that clearly this is the common scenario. Not that EDI-savvy
folks are not present, and of course bring their experience forward,
but the current emerging XML standards in Travel will have
no EDI "dependency".............

Scott R. Hinkelman
IBM Austin
Architecture and Development, Industry XML/Java Standards
Office: 512-823-8097 TL793-8097
Home: 512-930-5675
Cell: 512-940-0519
srh@us.ibm.com