Subject: RE: Registry Submissions and Queries

>From: "Petit, John" <jpetit@kpmg.com>
>To: "'ebXML-Architecture@lists.oasis-open.org'" <ebXML-Architecture@lists.oasis-open.org>
>Subject: RE: Registry Submissions and Queries

><JOHN_RESPONSE>
>OK, so if all that is put into the repository is the URL to the XML
>documents, then how exactly do you do a search within an XML document class
>at the element level when all of your XML docs are distributed?  How would one find XML based
information by industry
>or information category (browsing as opposed to specific searches)?
></JOHN_RESPONSE>

In the eCo framework, those types of searches can be accomplished through the type registries.
You find the industry and category information by using the market and network layers of the
eCo framework. Once you have found the right type, you can use the type registry to locate all
of the businesses that are of or support that type and you can find out if one type is the
same as another or not.

><JOHN_RESPONSE>
>I do not think that I follow you here. I assume that the above described
>query is not what you have in mind for ebXML searches correct? XML-RPC would
>be too slow for that task. In what context is this XML-RPC?
></JOHN_RESPONSE>

Agreed, some type of XML-RPC approach is not the way to go.

Peter Kacandes

Application Planning, Architecture & Strategy	phone number: 	X36529
WWOPS IT/Supply Chain Management		email:	peter.kacandes@ebay