Subject: RE: re discussion topics

Message text written by Murray Maloney

I will reiterate, there has been no argument presented so far
that inclines toward the use of non-mneomonic names as the
primary key.

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Exactly!  Murray - I was arguing that the non-mneomonic key
is an assoiative key - but that it is PREFERRED.

This was the confusion that I was trying to clear up.  Use
whatever freetext name you wish, but to ensure machine
interoperability, then use the mneomonic key.   There are
several ways this can be achieved using XML syntax
as you noted.   I suspect that we will need to support more
than one way to allow specific optimization based on
business need and operational constraints.

DW.