Subject: Re: latest Version

I have been out of contact with the real world for two weeks so I have just
read the specification. Great work! Maybe the butcher's knife cut a little
bit deep sometimes, but if this could help it get through, I will be happy
to discuss any reintroduction in Tokyo.

Points to consider to get it out;

1. TechArch consensus. I understand that this was sent out late Friday,
which will give our members one working day to review and approve it. Also
it will be an implicit vote rather than explicit, i.e. a silence is an
approval. I would therefore suggest firstly that all active TA members send
in their positive support - you hereby have mine - to the list server and
not only comments (although these are naturally still welcome). Secondly I
would suggest that we send it for review by the QR team on Wednesday. This
may be stealing time we do not have but taking previous experience into
account, I do not wish this spec to be DOA due to procedures.
2. Comments received so far. We received a number of comments from Nikola
(previously known as Nicola). They include some labelled show-stoppers. Am I
to understand these as important issues for Tokyo or that we do not have
consensus? Also I have in my personal copy of the spec replaced section 16
with Scott's proposal.
3. Glossary. I am not sure about the status of this document nor which is
the latest draft. Until I do, I cannot circulate it to the SC or others.
4. Issues from conference call. Firstly, my apologies for my absence. I
understand that we have two urgent issues for me to bring up to SC - the
scope of conformance and naming convention. I am at it. In the meantime I
urge you not to stop the work in these areas. They are both important and if
they would be reallocated to another group later, the work is not wasted.

Regards
Anders