Subject: RE: ebXML TA: removing Section 9.0, Open-edi

Ok folks - we've decided to pare down this section a bit. Stay tuned for the
updated version.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Stojanovic [mailto:nhomest1@twcny.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 3:14 PM
To: Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM; Jeff Suttor
Cc: ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org

<Scott>
There is no question that section 9 can easily give the impression that
ebXML is significantly tied to EDI, which could easily increase the buy-in
barrier and result in limited success.

If we had to vote, I say remove it.
If we have to compromise, reference it in one short paragraph and move on.

>Remember that ebXML is designed to reach the SMEs that EDI wasn't
appropriate for.

Well put.
</Scott>

I support the same (Scott's) view.