ebxml-architecture message

Subject: RE: comment on TA specification

Marty,

	thanks a lot for the comments. Find embedded some additional considerations
and the new version of the appendix attached to this mail.

Enjoy the week end.

/Stefano

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
 Sent: 20 January 2001 00:03
 To: Stefano POGLIANI
 Cc: Duane Nickull; knaujok@home.com; ebxml-tp@lists.ebxml.org;
 ebXML-Architecture List

 N.B.  this will be rejected by the Architecture listserver.
 Someone please
 post it there.

 Stefano,

 The High Level Business Scenarios replacement appendix attached to your
 email is considerably improved from the previous one.  I have only a few
 comments. Some of these relate to material in the base TA specification
 that relates to your appendix.

	thanks a lot.

 "Business Service Interface" appears many times in the TA specification
but
 I cannot find a definition there.  I know what it means from reading your
 white paper but most readers will not understand it.  Since the term
 "service interface" usually means the thin line between adjacent layers in
 a stack such as the OSI communication model, it is very important to
 provide a definition of BSI here.  I believe that the definition
 should say that the BSI is a name for the middleware which supports B2B
exchanges,
 supports the CPA, and provides a bridge to each legacy application.
Perhaps
 you have a definition in the white paper that you can copy.

	I like your definition.
	It is also very compact and clear, so, for me it is OK.
	Again, since the term "Business Service Interface" is also used several
times
	in other sections of the TA document, I would envisage that Duane and Brian
	would acknowledge that this definition you gave is appropriate also to
	the other contextes.
	Then this definition should become part of the Glossary (and, eventually,
	recalled in the introduction of the TA document)

 Line 499:  This refers to "business service interface requirements".  I
 don't understand this term.  The CPP has no explicit requirements on the
 BSI.  Its requirements all relate to the applicable standards such as
 business process, messaging service, and transport protocol.  I suggest
 changing the sentence to "...to express their minimum business process,
 message-exchange, transport, and security requirements..."

	Marty I did not find this in the Appendix. Could you please be more
	precise in order to locate it ?

 HIGH LEVEL BUSINESS SCENARIOS REPLACMENT TEXT

 The term "Commercial Transactions" should be replaced in several places by
 "Business Transactions", which is the term now used by the BP team.

	I performed a global replace.

 One of the technical editors should review this with regard to English
 syntax and word usage.

	Please, forgive my poor english and my unsafe typing.

 Regards,
 Marty

 Martin W. Sachs
 IBM T. J. Watson Research Center