ebxml-awareness message

Subject: new participants list

I've just had a new ebXML participants list created. See
http://www.ebxml.org/participants/participants.htm

When anyone asks who is involved in ebXML you can point them to this list.
Participant is defined as anyone who is signed up for any of the ebXML mail
lists; there's no designation of "active" as opposed to "lurking" because
there's no way to define the distinction. The list is about 1750 people from
60 countries and about 1000 different companies.

The previous list was almost a year old, and not complete (in fact, mostly
not even there) due to the OASIS server crash a couple months ago. This new
list is accurate up to about 10 days ago when I manually compiled all of the
subscription requests into a spreadsheet, which we put online this morning.

The original plan was to have a dynamic database query so that this list
would be up-to-the-minute complete and accurate, but I haven't had the
dvelopment resources to create this functionality. It may yet get done;
we're building some membership database functionality for OASIS that might
be able to be used to do this too. Maybe sometime after the first of the
year.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations