ebxml-awareness message

Subject: Re: ebXML Whitepaper

Ed:

Dynamite job, really.  It captures the basic ideas of ebXML and presents
them in a highly readable and persuasive way.

Of course, I cannot resist a little copy-editing, which you will find on
the attached Word file in the highlighted comments (some highlights are
Klaus's; mine are indicated by AK).  A couple of substantive comments
however ...

-- When discussing EDI standards organizations, be sure to include X12 as
well as UN/EDIFACT.
-- The summary includes a statement about the enabling the evolution of new
business models.  I do not remember that idea expressed in the main body of
the text.

Thanks for your good efforts.

Alan Kotok
Director, Education and Information Resources
Data Interchange Standards Association
akotok@disa.org
+1 703-518-4174
** DISA's E-Business and Internet Conference, 7-9 March 2001, in San Francisco.
http://www.disa.org/conference/annual_conf/index.htm **

At 04:01 PM 10/19/00 -0700, Ed Julson wrote:

>Here's the ebXML whitepaper I alluded to in my email earlier this week,
>titled
>Enabling Electronic Business with ebXML. This paper has been developed as an
>ebXML document and will be the first in a series of whitepapers.
>
>This paper is very similar to the press backgrounder I sent out on Tuesday
>for
>comments and review. It turns out that there wasn't that much that needed
>to be
>added to the press backgrounder after all.
>
>Please get comments back to me by the next Thursday, 10/26. There will be a
>parallel review process underway with both the Marketing and Awareness
>group and
>the quality review group.
>
>I will incorporate comments and feedback, then send a final draft to the the
>quality review group for final approval of the paper. We want to be able
>to use
>this whitepaper at Tokyo, so it's very important that final approval be
>acheived
>by 10/2.
>
>Ed

>Ed Julson                       Sun Microsystems
>XML Marketing                   901 San Antonio Rd.
>XML Technology Center           MS UMPK16-201
>                                 Palo Alto, CA 94303
>
>ed.julson@eng.sun.com
>650-786-9258 (x89258)

ebXML_wp_rev1018.AK.doc