Subject: Re: 14 Feb. Conference Call

We ran out of time today, just as we were discussing Jim Clark's offer
to do some of the metamodel work "off-line".
My take is that it would be great to get help in establishing a level
field of metamodels, e.g. a UML class diagram for each of the 7, now 8,
candidates. Some of those may already have an explicit metamodel,
others would need a volunteer to deduce and create the metamodel.
I would very much welcome Jim's group or any other volunteer to do
this first task.
The second task is to create the 'super-set' or strawman ebXML metamodel,
and I feel we need more group discussion before we could 'out-source'
that task.

-karsten

Karsten Riemer,
Director, Information Architecture,
Enterprise Management Architecture Group
Sun Microsystems Inc.,
MailStop UBUR03-313
1 Network Drive,
Burlington, MA 01803-0903