Subject: RE: 16 Mar. Conference Call notice

Bob Haugen:
>> Got any examples of what you would put in that common
>> layer?

Christian Huemer:
>think of designing a database to store your models.

Got one.  Some top-level classes include:
    Party
    Resource
    Transformation
    Exchange
    StockFlow
    Location
    Accountability
    Responsibility

>a model for models - that is what we call meta model.

I think it should be obvious that "what *we* call meta model"
has yet to be agreed.

>what you are proposing is in my terms a framework.
>it is of high value. but there is no "meta" at all.

"Meta" is a relative term.

>it should be part of core components.

I could be happy with that conclusion, if core components
agreed in some useful way.  So far, the meta-level that
seems useful to me is in limbo.  I get a lot of encouragement
in off-list comments, but it is not clear to me what will
actually be done, say at the Seattle workshop.

Talk to you later this afternoon,
Bob Haugen