Subject: Re: Storage of UML models

Message text written by "Paul R. Levine"

Mark,

One of the deliverables of the context/metamodel group of the ebXML
Delivery
Team is an XML mapping for the metamodel, i.e., how are business process
models
stored in the ebXML Repository in XML syntax.  Antoine Lonjon has
volunteered to
look into this.

Regards,

Paul Levine

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Paul,

Antoine should be reviewing the GUIDE approach for this and I'm urgently
wanting
to see how the current BP and CC work fits into the GUIDE classification
layer.

This should be an easy shoe-in - given the role of that layer and the place
holders in there already.

I worked yesterday at NIST with the OASIS registry model and the conclusion

is that GUIDE fully supports that classification system.  This is vital in
providing
the XML syntax linkage to the BP and CC definitions and being able to
access
them consistently from the repository.

That updated version of the GUIDE spec's will be on line this afternoon (3
hour
time difference here between east-west coast) and I'll let you know as soon
as
that is downloadable from http://www.xmlguide.org

Thanks, DW.