Subject: RE: Storage of UML models

Please, correct me if I misinterpret your thoughts.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@east.sun.com]
Envoyé : mardi 12 septembre 2000 15:29
À : Allen, Terry
Cc : ebXML-BP@lists.ebxml.org
Objet : Re: Storage of UML models

I agree with Terry's assessment that:

"Translation to XML is a service implemented on top of a repository
and is NOT, repeat NOT, a fundamental function of a repository or
a registry.".

In fact IMHO, translation from UML to XMI is very likely to be done by
off-the-shelf tools
(e.g.  Together, Rose and IBM's  XMI toolkit etc.)

When reading the draft Registry Services v0.4 spec keep in mind that it is
still

in early stages of definition and still evolving. Comments from a BP
perspective
would be
very useful in this formative stage.

Farrukh