Subject: Re: Storage of UML models

Message text written by Farrukh Najmi
>It is up to BP
and Antoine to recommend what XML form(s)
we would represent UML models in and how that is done.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Farrukh,

No it's not!!!

ebXML is NOT about fixing UML so that it works with XML.

That is someone elses job.  BP is about defining XML to
represent their process models.

If that can be loaded into a UML tool, and if a UML tool
can output it - whoopy dah, but that is NOT our problem.

Other vendors like Popkin with their System Architect
product to name just one, will potentially want to
support ebXML BP models as XML.   They should not
be excluded from doing that because it is instead in an
internal UML format thing.

Besides that the BP XML should FUNDAMENTALLY
work with the RegRep - and notice how OASIS Registry
is built already shows you how you need to classify items
to make them part of such as reference system.

This has nothing to do with UML and EVERYTHING to
do with metadata representation using XML.

Can we please STOP trying to use UML as a band-aid,
before the patient haemorrages or worse!

Thanks, DW.