Subject: RE: updated metamodel issues list

Brian,
I am not sure if I understand you syntax correctly, but I think that we are in
full agreement on that the world is going to embrace the collaboratio model in
 stages, and that they will start by concentrating on just one business
transaction. I also agree that it would be useful to say something about under
which circumstances such a business transaction is able to start.

But you don't need the states and transitions explicitly associated with the
requestingActivity in order to do that. Just have a start state associated
with the transaction. A transaction ALWAYS starts with a requestingActivity,
and therefore the start state of the transaction IS the start state for the
requestingActivity>

What I don't want to see is additional flexibility in how to transition from
and to the requesting activity, because then the whole carefully built
semantics of the business transaction (a.k.a. Commercial Transaction) is
undermined. Don't do it. The Commercial Transaction semantics is the absolute
cornerstone of this whole architecture. Changing it opens up a lot of new
discussions we cannot afford to have right now.

-karsten

     After having a bit of time to review the decision to remove the