Subject: Re: 00cf22.pdf

Dear Karsten,

Since Paul is working very hard on N90, I will jump in and answer
instead of Paul asking me, than having to write it down.

On Thursday 19 July 2001 03:10 pm, Karsten Riemer wrote:

> The process for UN/CEFACT project proposal is at:
> www.unece.org/cefact/docum/download/00cf22.pdf
> It starts with a 'proposal', then a small editing team writes a
> first working draft of the actual specification.

Please find attached the userguide to the UN/CEFACT Open
Development Process. It gives you the step by step actions
required.

> It does not
> contain anything about format of the proposal. Paul, will you
> find out if there is a required format, if not, I will just write
> it as an e-mail. Who should I send it to.

I am also attaching the Project Proposal Template. BOTH documents
are in their final review cycle of the eBteam. I don't expect
major changes. Regardless, use them to get a feel for what is
expected, but don't do massice distribution :-)

As to where the proposal shall go to, the CSG shall announce not
later than Wednesday next week its plan. Part of that announcement
will be a contact point. It is envision that this will be where
early bird project proposal shall be forwarded to.

> Also please confirm,
> that this the above URL is in fact pointing to the right process.
> It only mentioned WG, not ADHOC groups.

Under UN/CEFACT there are two types of Working Groups, permanet and
adhoc. 00cf22 applies to both by using the generic term WG :-)

Hope this helps,

Klaus

--
Klaus-Dieter Naujok                     UN/CEFACT/TMWG Chair
IONA Technologies, Santa Clara, CA, Chief Scientific Officer

PRESS RELEASE.doc

<head>
  <title>Project Proposal  - e-Business Transition Ad-hoc Working Group
  (eBTWG)</title>
</head>

<h1 style="text-align: center; line-height: 18pt">eBTWG Project Proposal</h1>

<h1 style="text-align: center; line-height: 18pt">Project Name</h1>

<h2>1. Objectives</h2>

<h3>1.1 Purpose</h3>

<h3>1.2 Scope</h3>

mandate (or workplan).</p>

<h2>2. Deliverables</h2>

<ul>
  <li>Name of output document(s) </li>
</ul>

<h2>3. Functional Expertise of Membership</h2>

....... Each UN/CEFACT head of delegation may designate one or more experts to
the project team. In doing so, they may delegate this task to one or more
organizations, which may be national, regional or international. Experts are
expected to contribute to the work based solely on their expertise.</p>

<h2>4. Geographical Focus</h2>

<h2>5. Initial Contributions</h2>

understood that these are only for consideration by the project team and that
other participants may submit their own contributions in order to ensure the
gathering of as much information as possible from those with expertise and a
material interest in the project but at the same time allow diverse voices to
comment on the details of the projects and ensures that no single organization
can dominate the process.:</p>
<ul>
  <li>list of contributions</li>
</ul>

<hr />

<h2>Statement of resource requirements</h2>

participation. The existence and functioning of the project shall not require
any additional resources from the UN/ECE secretariat.</p>