ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: ebXML Vancouver - Suggested Reading for BP, Analysis, and CBP tea ms.

Here is an update to the suggested reading material for ebXML Vancouver for
team members of Business Process, CC/BP Analysis Team, and the Common
Business Process [Analysis] team.  At this point in the ebXML lifecycle, it
is very important that you be as familiar as possible with the BP MetaModel
which can be found in the UN/CEFACT Modeling Methodology (TMWG N090)
document.

   In approximate order of importance:

1.  Review the latest Business Process Worksheets document. See the
archives, http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-ccbp-analysis/.  The latest
as of this emailing is
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-ccbp-analysis/200102/msg00004.html,
however, you should check the
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-ccbp-analysis/ for any updates (look
for subject Business Process Worksheets).

2.  Review the ebXML Technical Architecture Specification. A link to it can
be found at http://www.ebxml.org/specdrafts/specs_for_review.htm.  Relative
to the Business Process Editor, I think the important things are: business
process, core components, the registry/repository, and CPP/CPA.

3.  *Read* the UN/CEFACT Modeling Methodology (TMWG N090).  It's the
methodology we are trying to make easier with the Worksheets. It is
important to understand the information being captured in the Metamodel (the
classes and attributes). I wouldn't try to read it all in one sitting.  You
may also want to refer to the Business Process Specification Template
(below) and the Metamodel Example
(http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/business_process/wip/ccbp-analysis/mmx/)
. If you don't understand something, take notes and we will send them to the
TMWG folks for clarification. You can find a link to the document at
http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/jdt/resources/.

4.  Take a look at the Business Process Specification Template.  It will
give you a feeling of some of the information that would be captured during
modeling.  The examples in the template are far from complete.  There is a
link to it on http://www.ebxml.org/project_teams/jdt/deliverables.html.

5. Read the email discussions on Multi-party Collaborations and the REA
modeling.  We will be enhancing the Metamodel and the Specification Schema
(#6, below) to include more of these concepts.
Subject: Economic relationships in business collaborations (long)
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-ccbp-analysis/200011/msg00002.html
Subject: multi-party collaboration test cases
   http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-ccbp-analysis/200102/msg00002.html

6. The ebXML Business Process Specification Schema,
<http://ebxml.org/specdrafts/BPSpecificationSchemaV0.90.pdf> .

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Hayes
Document Engineering. Commerce One. +1 (925) 520-4498