ebxml-ccbp-analysis message

Subject: ebXML-Analysis/CBP Teleconference Report - Thursday 22 Feb - 8:00 PST

ebXML Analysis / Common Business Process Team Meeting
 CALL DATE:         FEB-22-2001  (Thursday)
 CALL TIME:         08:00 AM PACIFIC TIME

Attendees: Jamie Clark, Charles Feinman, Brian Hayes, Bill McCarthy, David
Welsh, Nita Sharma

Agenda
======
+ EWG Business Process Effort
  - What is the content of the document?
+ Catalog of Business Processes
  - What is it purpose?
  - What is the content of the document?
  - Identity Issue/Challenge
+ Reflection of our work in the Technical Architecture
  - The TA document does not adequately reflect a) relationship between
business process specifications and the reg/rep, b) business process and
core compontents
+ Next Meeting

EWG Business Process Effort
===========================
- Evangilize in Washington EWG Meeting - March 19th (?)
  EWG will be starting a business process effort in the future.  People have
been unable to find information on this.  We would like to coordinate with
this effort.  CEFACT regular session in in late March where new efforts will
be discussed.  Ray Walker may be able to provide more information on EWG
business process effort.
  ebXML members can go to EWG meeting (need to pay registration fee).  It
appears that there may be a core components effort in the plans.  Perhaps
one of us should be there.
  Dave and Nita are considering going; however, we need to be in synch with
core components.  Our agenda: Further the Catalog: evangilize, q&a, put
process in place for more mapping (cross-reference) and mapping validation.
E.g. Need more global business processes identified.
  ==> Brian to talk to Paul Levine, Lisa Shreve, Sue Probert, Melanie
McCarthy.

- Identity Issue/Challenge
  ==> Development "Press Packet" package containing information on the
Catalog, Worksheets & Guidelines, sample set of filled out worksheets, and
BP Editor for EWG and others.  Bill McCarthy, Nita Sharma, Dave Welsh

Catalog of Business Processes
=============================
- What is it purpose?
  Brian: The Catalog is a dictionary that is essentially a cross-reference.
The Catalog is not intended to be a specification or contain descriptions of
the business process.
  This description is what version 1 of the document is.
  Nita: We should in this version to have descriptions of business
processes.

- What is the content of the document?
  + The Catalog document should contain the requirements on a
registry/repository version of the Catalog.
  + The document needs some scenarios (use cases) on how the Catalog will be
used.
    - The Catalog supports the concept of finding and comparing business
processes as a starting point for business process analysis
  + Section on the methodology for populating the cross-reference
  + Relationship to Core Components methodology
  + By March 19
    - will include some descriptions of business processes.  seed with PIP
descriptions
==> Nita to get approval from RosettaNet to use there descriptions as a
basis
    - the descriptions need to be generic enough (that is not too specific)
    - include Actors (at the X12/EWG Seattle meeting, experience showed that
the Actors were important in determining what the process meant)

   We agreed in Vancouver with CC group that we would write up a position
statement on Context.
==> Brian will be writing a document "Analysis Overview: Business Process
and Business Document Analysis"

Reflection of our work in the Technical Architecture
  - The TA document does not adequately reflect a) relationship between
business process specifications and the reg/rep, b) business process and
core compontents
  Brian's Analysis Overview document should help alleviate this issue. Brian
should forward the document to the TA team.
  Need to meet with Security group and CPP/CPA group regarding their
documents and their requirements on business processes.
==> There are a number of positions that our team need discuss with the
other teams.
==> Nita to forward her notes on the Security document and the CPP/CPA
document to the list.

Next Meeting
 CALL DATE:         FEB-28-2001  (Wednesday)
 CALL TIME:         08:00 AM PACIFIC TIME
 USA Toll Free Number: 888-485-5306
 USA Toll Number: +1-712-257-0418
 PASSCODE: 57432
 LEADER:            Mr Brian Hayes