Subject: Re: the bootcampplan

> Plan for ebXML Technical Coordination
> Monday, August 7, 9 am-12 noon
>
> EBXML Technical Coordination believes that an integrated and topical
> perspective rather than a project-centric one is the appropriate focus for a
> technical orientation. We aren't proposing separate talks from each project
> as we've had in previous meetings because that approach obscures the vision
> of how it all is supposed to fit together, and puts undue focus on the
> organization (and personalities) of the working groups.  We feel it would be
> better to focus on the emerging results rather than on where they were being
> worked on, since so many of the big issues cut across the groups. The order
> of the talks is designed to present an evolving picture of how the various
> specifications in ebXML fit together.
>
> Most, though not all, of the speakers have been confirmed.
>
> Speakers and Topics
>
> · 9:00-9:20
> Introduction to ebXML - its rationale in the industry and standards context
> - (Arofan Gregory -- CONFIRMED)
>
> · 9:20-9:40
> EbXML scenarios - specific problems and use cases ebXML is addressing (Duane
> Nicoll -- CONFIRMED)
>
> · 9:40-10:00
> Business process modeling and meta-modeling (Karsten Reimer -- CONFIRMED)
>
> · 10:00-10:20
> The role of context in business process and core components (Brian Hayes --
> CONFIRMED)
>
> · 10:20-10:40
> Core components - methodology and results (Sue Probert -- CONFIRMED)
>
> · 10:40-11:00
> Core component vertical validation projects (Lisa Shreve - CONFIRMED; Mary
> Kay Blantz - CONFIRMED)
>
> · 11:00-11:20
> Registry and repository (Scott Nieman - INVITED)
>
> · 11:20-11:40
> Transport, routing, packaging (David Burdett - CONFIRMED)
>
> · 11:40-12:00
> Demo (Duane Nicoll - CONFIRMED & Nick Kassem - INVITED)

this sounds just the right format to me.

i would like to also suggest that Bob chair this session and provide the glue
between each presentation.

BTW does anyone know if the 'normal' group by group presentation will happen in
the afternoon (i presumed it was but am not too sure anymore).

--
regards
tim mcgrath