Subject: Re: TA Spce for release to the plenary

it appears there are two issues running here..

1. the status of the TA specification.
and
2. the breakdown in the approval process

Firstly, the QR Team did respond negatively by the 24th October.  however due to
(2.) this was not communicated to the Steering Committee and Authors until  26th
Oct.   The problems with the breakdown of the approval process should be addressed
separately.

Whilst it may be Duane has a point on a technicality, the real question is whether
the TA Specification is suitable for public review?

The QR team believe it is not.  However, we do believe it requires input from the
broader ebXML community and have proposed the Steering Committee as the best means
of achieving this.  We all agree that our objective is to get the TA specification
suitable for voting at the Vancouver plenary.

Without wishing to add to the noise on the first issue, I would like to make some
personal observations and a suggestion.  Please feel free to ignore these if they
appear redundant.

My personal observation and concern with this process simply rolling ahead on a
technicality  is that:

a. there is a difference between putting a document in the public eye and seeking
input from the ebXML community.  it is kind of self-evident but the former opens the
ebXML architecture to criticism from outside, which may not be productive at this
stage, especially if it does not encapsulate the full ebXML 'vision'.

b. if the QR Team's concerns are not addressed then any effort put in now by the TA
Team may be negated at the next round of review.

May I suggest the most effective action would be for the Steering Committee Members
to review the TA Specification and the QR comments and discuss this at the Steering
Committee meeting next week.

--
regards
tim mcgrath