Subject: Re: The use of ebXML Message Services for ebXML Registry

it appears that the situation was not clarified.  my guess is that we wanted to say the TRP messaging was
"mandatory" but not "exclusive".  that is, you can have many messaging mechanisms but you must have at least
the TRP one.  this avoids the bootstrap problem david was referring to.  the down side to this is that you
cannot implement a Registry without TRP messaging - the Registry is not independent.  May personal opinion is
that this is a small price to pay to get interoperability. after all, this initiative is ebXML -so why not
ask that TRP messaging be used?

let me suggest that, as the TA spec now reads:
"The ebXML Messaging Service MAY serve as the transport mechanism for all communication into and out of the
Registry. "

the RegRep specs needs to be more specific by stating something like.
"The ebXML Messaging Service MAY serve as the transport mechanism for all communication into and out of the
Registry.  To ensure interoperability, ebXML Messaging Services SHALL be be provided as the transport
mechanism for communication into and out of the Registry"

begin:vcard
n:McGrath;Tim
tel;pager:+61(0)299633829
tel;cell:+61 (0)438352228