Subject: Re: The use of ebXML Message Services for ebXML Registry

Tim,
Not quite a 'problem'......It *potentially* lowers the interoperability
level, and introduces a need for advertisement of supported MessageServices
of ebXML Registry providers......

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@tedis.com.au> on 02/20/2001 04:07:31 PM

Please respond to tmcgrath@tedis.com.au

To:   David RR Webber <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>
cc:   duane <duane@xmlglobal.com>, Munter Joel D <joel.d.munter@intel.com>,
      "'ebXML Coordination'" <ebxml-coord@lists.ebxml.org>,
      knaujok@home.com, Ray Walker <raywalker@attglobal.net>, Bill Smith
      <bill.smith@sun.com>, Robert S Sutor/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

the TA specification now reads:

"The ebXML Messaging Service MAY serve as the transport mechanism for
all communication into and out of the Registry."

that is, neither mandatory or exclusive (and therefore just an
informative note).  this creates an interoperability problem - we cannot
ensure that any Registry services client will communicate with any
Registry.

--
regards
tim mcgrath