Subject: RE: ebXML Representtion of Metadata

A reasonable question. My read of the ebXML requirements suggest a bias
toward using W3 Reocmmendations, and my search of same led me to RDF.  I
liked what I saw.

I have heard some of those discussions regarding use of XMI. My un-informed
knowledge of XMI that it provides a method for representing a UML model in
XML syntax. That seemed to me a narrower focus then RDF. As I'm unfamiliar
with the XMI specifications, I am not now able to evaluate RDF vs XMI. I'll
take action to correct that knowledge deficiency.  XMI spec is downloading
now.

Thank you for your comment.

Cheers,
        Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Cory Casanave [mailto:cory-c@dataaccess.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 2:47 PM
To: Miller, Robert (GXS); ebxml-core@lists.oasis-open.org;
ebXML-Architecture List
Cc: Iyengar, Sridhar

I note that you do not list XMI in your list of considerations, have you
looked at this?  XMI is the adopted OMG standard for representation of
metadata in XML.  There has already been some discussion of using XMI within
EbXml.  I am not as familiar with RDF and will take a look at it.

Regards,
Cory Casanave
Data Access Technologies