Subject: Re: AW: ebXML - core components glossary of terms and acronyms

i would like to introduce myself to this thread.

i think one of the issues here is unambiguous communcation and goes beyond
the use and definition of acronyms.

i am the person working in the technical co-ordination group who is
developing the 'ebXML glossary' and also the person liaison with the core
components group.

i understood that core components have team working on this (as do most
other groups) and would like to make contact with whoever is responsible.

Betty Harvey wrote:

> > My instincts tell me, ebXML project teams should avoid creating new
> > words or acronyms that are not already widely known in public
> > dictionaries such as
>
> Creating new acroynms isn't what we are talking about.  We are talking
> about defining industry or psuedo-industry acronyms if they are
> used in ebXML documents.
>
> As an example, I don't know what an FDT is, so I look it up on
> a search engine.  I get:
>
>         Flordia Digital Turnpike - maybe we are building roads and
>                                    an ebXML meeting was held in
>                                    Orlando.
>         Formal Design Techniques - This could be it because we
>                                    talking about Object Oriented
>                                    Design
>         Flash Development Toolkit - Hummm - don't think so but
>                                     possible.
>         Formal Description Technique - This could also be the
>                                     meaning.
>
>         Falcon Dam, Tamaulipas - I think we rule this one out - it
>                                  a location.
>         Fort Dodge Transmission - I am positive this isn't the one.
>         Fractal Design Template - This one looks cool.
>                            and more....
>
> Now we can move on to OOA - but I won't bore you.  A glossary of
> terms and definitions is absolutely, positively required.
>
> Betty
>
> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
> Betty Harvey                         | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
> Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
> harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp

> = If you are subscribed using a different email address, put the      =
> = address you subscribed with at the end of the line; e.g.            =
> =      unsubscribe ebxml-core myname@company.com                      =

regards
tim mcgrath
TEDIS   fremantle  western australia 6160
phone: +618 93352228  fax: +618 93352142

begin:vcard
n:McGrath;Tim
tel;pager:australia 016 631 632
tel;cell:041 381 6846