Subject: Re: more: Re: Tag Languages, UID's etc.

I have always suspected  that David RR Webber shoots off ripostes as
soon as he finishes reading an e-mail, but I would never have believed
that he was so impetuous as to fire them off at the end of a paragraph:
"Acchh!  I just read further down.  Bizcodes stupid / unintelligable??!"

David:

I didn't call Bizcodes stupid or unintelligible.  I called them
"unintelligent" - as in unintelligent identifiers. Please don't be
offended - Social Security numbers, EAN/UCC GTINs, Chemical Abstracts
Service (CAS) Registry Numbers, ISBNs, and countess other useful
identifiers are also unintelligent.  The ID itself carries no
information - you must query a database or repository to retrieve its
meaning.

"Humans like short string pairs - that old two, five and seven rule."
Humans like words better, so in the perennial address example we could
more easily use the BSR Semantic Unit Names:

Mailing Address - Location,
Street line - Location.LocationInStreet.Identifier and
Location.Street.Name,
City Name - Location.City.Name,
State Code - Location.CountrySubEntity.Code,
Post Code  - Location.Postcode.Identifier,

and so on.  Many of the common Semantic Unit Names have already been
devised for the BSR;  why not just use them?  And they can be used as
readable tags immediately - with no need for the indirection of UID