Subject: Dictionary support

Since the DCN does have a dictionary of its own, containing terms important
to its membership, then how the ebXML handles dictionaries matters alot to
us. In the DCN, dictionary entries are used to resolve 'name' attribute
values, found on the element-types used to represent resources:

<Property xsi:type='Debt' name='Mortgage'>

Because the 'name' attribute is a qualified-name, then a default
dictionary-namespace is needed to resolve that name. Thus, the DCN needed
to define a Dictionary element. For identifying the default dictionary to
use for unqualified names, the DCN uses the 'xmlns' attribute, and for
qualified names mentioned in a DCN data-stream, the qualified 'xmlns'
attribute is used on a <Dictionary> element:

<Dictionary xmlns='http://www.dataconsortium.org/DCD100.XML'
		xmlns:my='http://www.dot.com/myRDFSDictionary.xml'/>

By organizational fiat, the dictionary must be an RDF Schema data-stream.
Now, if a company wants to define its own mortgage instrument, then it can
by inserting the proper statements into their 'myRDFSDictionary.xml' file
(ones hopefully indicating that their mortgage istrument is a subclass of
the 'standard' mortgage instrument defined in the DCD100.XML file) Given
the definition, the company may now use it in their instance data-streams:

<Property xsi:type='Debt' name='my:MortgageInstrument'>

In short, I haven't seen much information in the TA doc, at least, about
how ebXML is going to identify the dictionary(s) used in a data-stream,
what format they are to be in, etc. Maybe I am looking at the wrong
document, if so, please direct me!

Incidentally, the DC Dictionary is free, most particularly to DC members.
It is still in draft, and over this year it is to become stable.