Subject: FW: Registry concern with specifying common vertical structures

> ---> More opinons are appreciated on this topic <--------

In RDF Schema, properties can be declared for a class dynamically. The
familiar tagline in the RDF community is "you can say anything about
anything" using RDF and RDF Schema. I don't know about the slots you
mention, but in the RDF world, if the property set for an Address class is
inadequate for a publisher, then it can be extended. Hopefully any
post-standard property for a class is one that is (a subProperty of another
property) already defined elsewhere in the standard schema, or whose range
is an object whose class is (a subclass of other classes) already defined by
the standard schema. Once the property is established, an instance may use
it to provide a value.

In this example, using this mechanism, one can say anything about an
Address.
John
Hypergrove Engineering
211 Taylor Street, Suite 32-A
Port Townsend, WA 98368
360-379-3838 (land)
360-301-1102 (cell)

For a discussion group about the Data Consortium Namespace, please
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DCNArchitecture/join

For the latest Data Consortium Namespace Specification, please see
http://www.dataconsortium.org/namespace/DCN150.DTD.pdf or
http://www.dataconsortium.org/namespace/DCN150.DTD.doc or
http://www.dataconsortium.org/namespace/DCN150.DTD.htm

For the latest Data Consortium Dictionary, please see
http://www.dataconsortium.org/namespace/DCD100.pdf or
http://www.dataconsortium.org/namespace/DCD100.xml (IE5)