Subject: RE: Fantasies - Vote for flying pigs

Looking at it a different way;

If partner A uses SAP and sends from SAP using their SAP to ANSI/XML form
transform they would be target a standard rendering.  If partner B uses
Baan and has an ANSI/XML to Baan transform script then to interface with
partner A they only need to and from scripts between ANSI/XML.  (ANSI/XML
of course being an ebXML compliant rendering of an ANSI document)

N in these instances would not be trading partners but the number of
standard DTD/schemas a party, or application, would map to.  However, I
guess the flaw in this thinking is that there are millions of standards out
there.  Which means we've gone full circle :-)

However, such a repository approach would let the market dictate which
standards would be the preeminent standard in a given field.

Have a nice weekend,
John Motley

"Hayes, Brian" <Brian.Hayes@Commerceone.com> on 04/06/2001 06:19:52 PM