Subject: RE: Getting Back to Basics - How to describe Dates and Times andEvents?

Martin wrote:
> Document. For example an order may have an CreationDate and a
> DeliveryDateTime. Therefore the core component will be used multiple times
> to form application-specific objects. The names of these objects will be
> those of the events they record, as listed in your message. Each of these
> events may "impose" its own Data Constraint on the base type. So the
> CreationDate event will impose a restriction that requires only
> the Date to be specified, while the DeliveryDateTime may require that this
> date time is at least 2 days later than that specified in the
CreationDate.

Martin,
Sure the order has a creation date, but saying that it has a delivery date
is not normalized. The products that are the subject(s) of the order have a
delivery date, not the order itself. And fyi, the DCN has the ability for
relative dates. Below, delivery is two days after shipping.

<Event xsi:type='ProductEvent' name='Shipped'>
   <list xsi:type='entries' name='eventEntries'>
   <Entry xsi:type='Time' name='ShipDate' id='Date01'>
      <instant value='2001-10-01'/>
   </Entry>
   </list>
</Event>

<Event xsi:type='ProductEvent' name='Delivered'>
   <list xsi:type='entries' name='eventEntries'>
   <Entry xsi:type='Time' name='EventDuration'>
      <period value='P2D' beginsID='Date01'/>
   </Entry>
   </list>
</Event>