Subject: RE: Just what is a Core Component? Well, it depends on what "is" is.

Title: RE: Just what is a Core Component? Well, it depends on what "is" is.

William (or should I say William JJ?)

        Very interesting, however the question still remains - where in the single expected ebXML core component specification (or in any of the supporting documents identified in the  is a firm definition of a core component.  The latest version of the discovery and analysis document still doesn't explain what it is we are discovering and analyzing.  Each of the ebXML CC Documents have vague references to the concept of a core component, but I have yet to find a clear definition, much less a more detailed explanation of the concept of core, in any of them (and that includes the BP and CC overview document).  I know the ebXML glossary has a definition ( lowest level, industry neutral building blocks which are used within the construction of ebXML business processes), but does that really say what we need to say.  I don't think so as one of the most frequently asked questions I receive from folks when I am talking about ebXML, is what is a core component.  And the questions are usually from folks who have tried to read the draft documents.  If they don't get it, what hope do we have of anyone using this stuff?

        If I am missing it, perhaps the editors can point out the exact location for my tired eyes (too many ebXML specs, not enough resting time!)

Mark