Subject: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Core components..

Title: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Core components..

David,

        ebXML has never intended to create transactions as a deliverable.  In fact, ebXML does not even have a requirement to develop the specifications to develop them.  Is this a failure of ebXML  - in my opinion yes.  Do we need these documents quickly - yes.  Is it best if a single consistent approach to schema design, naming conventions, use of ancillary W3C specifications is developed by an international, neutral standards body - yes.  Will we get them quickly - doubtful if after 18 months we still don't have an agreement on what it is we are developing a process for.

Mark