Subject: RE: What do people really expect from ebXML? - Is CC really a set ofLegos?

Betty Harvey bemoaned the demise of the IETF DTD VCard specification,
since having a standard for personal information would keep you from
having to fill in the same damn information over and over again on web
forms.  Though VCard smacks of B2C, it does have some carryover into
ebXML I suppose, and I just wanted to remind Betty of the W3C's Platform
for Privacy Preferences (P3P), at http://www.w3.org/P3P/, which looks
like a successor to VCard.

I previously brought P3P to our attention last month, at
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-core/200103/msg00099.html, to show
that its Section 5.3.5.1 (Postal) describes a simple structure for
postal mailing addresses - for consideration in modeling ebXML's own
Address core component.  Of course, Mike Conroy also showed other
examples from ERP file layouts giving simple address structures.  I
wanna know what sort of "top-down" analysis starting with the business
model gave us the "postal address.details" aggregate shown in Initial CC
Structure v1-03.xls. Anybody??

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.