Subject: mapping xcbl/ebxml into a relational database

Hello,

We are designing an online application for the trade of automotive spare
parts and want to store this transactional information in a relational
database.  Are there any relational database designs already developed that
represent a direct mapping of the xcbl and/or the ebxml model?

What we are proposing is storing this information. in a database and having
a j2ee server process the business logic, b2b and b2c areas of the
application.  Abstract as this description is - is it a feasible/common
design?

I guess I am asking what are the most common application tools used in
solutions to separate the business logic, store xcbl/ebxml persistent data
in a relational database, and provide b2b, b2c.... functionality?

any help will be much appreciated,

Brendan Corcoran