Subject: RE: WSFL, IBM, and WSDL

<Abid Farooqui> (collected from three messages)
Anyway, even if we go with the approach you suggest, let me ask this.
How are you planning to automate business processes across vastly different
verticals without the kind of pain that is involved in doing so today.
Because if we still have to go through all that kind of stuff, we can just
put ebXML and all other SME solutions on the shelf and just stick with how
things are today.

Oh I also forgot to mention about WFSL ... it kind of also tells you in what
order to call different methods of a web service. If you have a shopping
cart service with methods like "getCart", "addItem", "checkOut" etc. It will
not make sense to try to checkOut before at least calling "getCart" right?
These things are kind of missing from WSDL. Although they can be easily
added there. They did not have to come up with a new thing for all the
features that are in WFSL. There is a very good article talking about some
problems within WSDL in the June/July issue of XML magazine
http://www.xmlmag.com/upload/free/features/xml/2001/06jun01/ab0103/ab0103.asp
</Abid Farooqui>

Abid, which ebXML documents have you studied?
For example, have you studied the business process documents?
They're the ones with Business Process as the project team on page
http://www.ebxml.org/specs/index.htm

The ebXML answers to the above problems and questions are in those
documents.  I'd be interested to know if your questions indicate that
you have not read those documents, or you have read them but the
answers are presented too obscurely.

Thanks,
Bob Haugen