Subject: RE: ebXML Repository

Nope you on the right track. See
http://xml.coverpages.org/jaxr.html

This a common Java API to access multiple types of registries.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Tod....

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Avalos [mailto:R.Avalos-Salas@student.umist.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 10:16 PM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: ebXML Repository

Hi All!

I am a student and I am working on my dissertation project at the moment.
The scope of the project is to evaluate different technologies that are used
to deploy B2B transaction scenarios. Mainly I am about to evaluate ebXML,
Biztalk and UDDI. As my reading is progressing, more doubts have been
cleared and of course I realise the complexity of the ebXML framework. As I
have  a short time to implement a piece of software, I decided to narrow the
scope of my project in just analysing how an ebXML registry can be accessed
by searching in the registry and retrieving the documents that are stored in
the registry. Also I would like to implement and analise how UDDI can find
ebXML reg/reps. From a USER Application point of view,(As far as I
understand) I need to develop a program which might be developed in Java
that uses certains APIs to discover or search enterprises in the registry,
and if it is of my interest then I will retrieve the enterprises's
documents. This is only from the point of view of accessing a repository.
But then I ask myself on how to use UDDI to find an ebXML repository. This
makes me believe that this feature needs to be implemented at the repository
level as repository features, which might be very complex for the scope of
my project.

I would really appreciate If someone can tell me wheather I am on the right
track or I am just talking nonsense. Also I have read that UDDI and ebXML
can complement each other, but I don't understand how they can complement.

Best Regards,
Roberto.

Roberto Avalos Salas
Msc. Information Systems Engineering