Subject: Re: How to Create an ebXML Order (EDI 850 transaction set)

John:

It does accomplish some of what you say however it falls short of
providing full ebXML complaint transaction sets.

On order to make use of the methodologies of ebXML,  such transaction
sets should facilitate a methodology whereby each component can
reference a metadata component in an ebXML Registry system.  XEDI fails
to make the grade here as do most other XML/EDI formats.

The only way to build these transaction sets is to start with the Core
Components group then expand to define the messages built upon these
components.  This is the focus of a group lead by Jon Bosak with
deliverables of a stock set of business transactions.  The transactions,
in phase two, will also facilitate some degree of context derived
modifications at design time (and possibly at run time???).

For those wishing to transform X12 EDI 850 to XML, the process is easy.
In fact,  XML Global publishes this as a simplistic web service.  We
also have an interface built over a server based system which can be
used today if you have the correct template and a valid input document.

http://demo.xmlglobal.com/transform/

I am working n a version that uses XMLG components to buidlthe output.
If you want to give it a try,  ask me and I will post the two documents
to the list.

Duane Nickull