Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Re: real life problem

Well, you are exactly the kind of target user "we' had in mind when doing the ebXML 1.0 work, so I hope it proves useful.  If you have an articulated set of transactions, and you want the ebXML phase 2 business process groups to model them as a test case, you might contact the leader (Dave Welsh) of the relevant team (eBTWG Collaboration Patterns & Managed Commitments) about it.  I am copying him here.  Several large industry groups have already done so, and are becoming beta tests for the standards group's process analysis work.

I represent a consortium of software vendors that are taking our first few
tentative steps into Application Integration.  We provide software solutions
for the Television Advertising Bureau (www.TVB.org)  Our clients are TV
Stations (sellers) and Advertising Agencies (buyers) of TV airtime
advertising.  In the past, we (the software vendors that support these
clients) have taken to writing one-off integration points, and we are
finally recognizing the need to have our systems communicate with a common,
open set of standard XML-based transactions.  We are looking at ebXML to
provide the infrastructure for this new marketplace.
Thanks,
Paul Horan
Video Communications, Inc.
www.vcisolutions.com

James Bryce Clark
VP and General Counsel, McLure-Moynihan Inc.
Chair, ABA Business Law Subcommittee on Electronic Commerce
1 818 597 9475   jamie.clark@mmiec.com    jbc@lawyer.com