Subject: AW: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Announce - Latest Article on ebXML

Hello Mike,

> ... That no major EDI software vendor has implemented it
> should tell us that the market has expressed little demand for this
type of
> functionality.

Speaking as an B2Bi Software Vendor, we can agree, that there is not
much demand for profile exchange in EDIFACT and X.12 (from Customers).
One of the reasons is, that setting up the infrastructure to actually
exchange those messages is most of the work you have to do to get the
communication going.

Testing Transactions, finding the problems in the guidelines and even
negotiating about details (like "I cant send you back your cost center,
can we do without") does take so much time, that setting up the other
few details is done by exchanging sample data. I still see no real help
from ebXML to speed up those "get the document flow going" phase.

Personally I think more important than CPP is to define a common level
of required support and protocols, so the initial communication can be
done without much negotiation. You can see this need also from the CPP
Bootstrapping you have to do before you can contact a registry.

Greetings
Bernd Eckenfels
Chief Architect
--
SEEBURGER AG, Edisonstrasse 1, D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fax:+49(0)7252 96-2400 Fon:+49(0)7252 96-1256 <http://www.seeburger.de/>