Subject: AW: [ebxml-dev] ebMS TR&P and EDI-INT AS2

Hello Dipan,

#  As such, I am trying to assess the migration path from EDI-INT AS2 to

# ebMS TR&P .  What is the impact of doing so ?

Not very high if both sides migrate. The features are compareable.

        # Costs vs. Benefits
I dont think the Costs are very high if you have an maintenance
contract. Most serious and fair software vendors supporting AS2 will
simply add ebXML MS into thair communication products for some upgrade
fee (if not, you should seriously reconsider your supplier for eBusiness
olutions. If you have to pay for each noew protocol you will quickly get
sucked out). I know a few AS2 Vendors already working on ebXML MS.

        # Are they interoperable TR&P protocols ?
Thats why you have Protocols in the first place. Every TR&P
Implementation is supposed to operate with all others. Of course this
may take some time, cause the options are a lot and the standards are
moving targets. But the fact that Software Vendors was involved very
early in the process of ebXML specifications (they basically did them),
I see no big problem here.

         # If they are , then how is this done ?
There is no AS2 / ebXML Interop (there is no AS2 / BizTalk InterOp,
there is no Biztalk / RosettaNet Interop, ...) but a HUB easyly can
forward between those different domains, also a single B2B Server can
speak all those protocols.

Greetings
Bernd