Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] WS-I

Hi Scott,
I thinkl you're fundamentally right, but just wanted to add a bit of 'tactical' business context to your second point. Without the business collaboration layer prescribed, maybe something like the BP Collaboration work we've been doing in eBTWG, one will simple see "the some old wolf in new sheeps
clothing"; ie. as you mention another incarnation of 'point to point' transactions without business context and worse yet without direction to computable business objectives.
The only caveat I'd like to add though is there is some 'business mileage' today to be gained with WSDL/SOAP over the 'traditional techniques' of ftp to elaborate EAI. Basically in opportunities for application to application loose coupling, given the big push also going on with the major software
vendors and a 'bunch' of low cost/free software appearing now, WSDL/SOAP is perhaps a better way to 'hack something together' for a quick business fix.

-Dave