Subject: Re: AW: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components ...

On Thursday 25 April 2002 01:06 pm, you wrote:

> True...but Linux requires a lot of technical care and feeding typically,
> which most SME's will steer clear of.

Not wanting to get into a war over Linux - but you must be kidding. Linux now
is being used in embedded cable decoders and all kinds of consumer
applications, not to mention web servers and mail servers which can run
literally for years without intervension.

Linux has just been deployed by the TSB Bank in New Zealand, it will be
operating all their desktops. The sterotype of Linux of being a techie/geek
solution is no longer true.

I'm writing this email on a HP machine running Red Hat, and my web server has
been running Linux for over two years - with exactly zero crashes due to OS
failure (two hardware failures). I hardly ever need to touch it.

Regards,

Peter Harrison